Your website is one of the most important investments you will make for your business.
It’s your digital billboard, your customer’s first impression of your company. When you partner with Moss Web Works, we work to enhance your business, not just build a brochure.
Web development fees range from $1,500-$10,000 depending on the site’s pages and functionality. Moss Web Works does more than just create a website. We will consult with you to understand your business goals, and how to best support them online. Included in our web development services:
- Consult on and recommend website features
- Set up and point domain name
- Implement development site (if necessary)
- Install WordPress core software
- Create a design that matches your branding
- Help you organize text and optimize images
- Implement SEO software and recommend search strategy
- Install website security & firewall
- Create an analytics account (if you don’t have one) and integrate it into your site
- Set up or integrate your website with your mailing list
- Set up open graph data and images for social media
- Test your website on all devices
- Help promote the launch of your new site!
Not covered – Client must purchase:
Domain name: $10-$40 per year, which is paid directly to the registrar, renewed yearly. Moss Web Works recommends NameCheap or choosing a web host plan that bundles a domain with your web hosting.
Note: For ease of management and technical support, we recommend you register your domain and host your website with the same company. Please read our article on Why your web developer should not host your website.
SSL Certificate: Many hosts include an SSL certificate with a hosting plan. An SSL certificate encrypts the data from the user’s computer to your server, so it’s not flying through the internet for all to see. Google ranks secure sites higher in their results that have an SSL certificate.
Email account: If you want an email account @yourbusiness.com (matching your domain name) that is usually an additional charge from your web host. You can also set it up free at Gmail.
Website upkeep and maintenance: It doesn’t help your business to create a website and then forget about it. You must update the software and plugins regularly for security, and keep your content fresh to obtain and retain new customers! Moss Web Works provides a monthly maintenance program to help you with this.
Remember, your website is your first impression. It’s the first thing a potential customer will encounter when researching your business, and you want to do it right. It might be tempting to have your sister’s neighbor’s kid design the site for you for a hundred bucks, but do you really want to take that gamble? Hire a professional.
Please contact us for a quote. Moss Web Works will take the time to consult with you and create a plan that is customized to make your business a success.